Ready to Upgrade Your Honda?
If you’re a Honda enthusiast, you know that one of the most exciting aspects of owning one is the seemingly endless possibilities for upgrades and customization. One of the most popular ways to take your Honda to the next level is by swapping out the engine for a more powerful or efficient one. If you’re considering an engine swap, you might want to check out the F22C swap, also known as the S2000 AP2 swap. This engine is a popular choice among Honda enthusiasts for its exceptional performance and reliability. In this article, we’ll dive into the full specs of the F22C swap, the pros and cons of making the switch, and what you need to know before taking the plunge.
Look No Further Than the F22C Swap!
The F22C engine was originally designed for the Honda S2000 sports car, which is why it’s sometimes referred to as the S2000 AP2 swap. This engine is a 2.2-liter, four-cylinder powerhouse that delivers up to 247 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. It features a VTEC system that provides variable valve timing and lift, giving you improved power and torque throughout the rev range. The F22C swap is a popular choice for upgrading Honda Civics, Integras, and other models, as it’s a direct bolt-on replacement for many Honda engines.
Full Specs of the S2000 AP2 Swap
Here are the full specs of the F22C swap:
- Engine Type: 2.2-liter, four-cylinder
- Horsepower: up to 247 hp
- Torque: up to 162 lb-ft
- VTEC system: variable valve timing and lift
- Direct bolt-on replacement for many Honda engines, including the F20C engine found in the S2000
The F22C swap is often paired with a six-speed manual transmission from the S2000 for the ultimate performance upgrade. This combination delivers lightning-fast shifts and exceptional power delivery.
Pros and Cons of Swapping to the F22C
Before you make the switch to the F22C engine, it’s important to consider the pros and cons. Here are some of the benefits of the F22C swap:
- Exceptional power and torque
- Increased reliability compared to other Honda engines
- Direct bolt-on replacement for many Honda models
- Can be paired with a six-speed manual transmission for the ultimate driving experience
However, there are also some potential downsides to consider:
- Higher cost compared to other engine swaps
- Requires additional modifications to the vehicle to accommodate the more powerful engine
- May not be street legal in all areas
What You Need to Know Before You Swap
If you’re considering the F22C swap, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Make sure the engine and transmission are compatible with your vehicle
- Plan for additional modifications to the vehicle, such as new motor mounts, exhaust system, and cooling system
- Consider working with a professional mechanic who has experience with engine swaps
- Check local laws and regulations to ensure the swap is street legal in your area
Boost Your Honda’s Performance with F22C
Overall, the F22C swap is a fantastic way to boost your Honda’s performance and take your driving experience to the next level. With its exceptional power and torque, direct bolt-on compatibility, and reliable performance, it’s no wonder why so many Honda enthusiasts choose the F22C engine. Just be sure to do your research and work with a professional mechanic to ensure a successful swap.
Whether you’re a seasoned Honda enthusiast or just getting started, the F22C swap is definitely worth considering if you’re looking to upgrade your vehicle’s performance. With its powerful engine and direct compatibility with many Honda models, the F22C swap is a popular choice for those who want to take their driving experience to the next level. Just remember to do your research and work with a professional mechanic to ensure a successful swap that meets all legal requirements.